CART NOT ENABLED, eshop=0
Place your order by calling us at: 1-800-992-6574, or use our online shopping cart.
||Open 10AM - 5PM
Monday-Friday (Closed Weekends)
Book-150 : The Sheffield Knife Book: A History and Collector's Guide
- Written by Geoffrey Tweedale
- The Sheffield Knife industry has it's roots in the 17th century, but came to it's prime in the early 1800's and stayed strong through the early 1900's. While touching on it's earliest history, this book truly begins in the early 1800's and details the rise of the Sheffield cutlery industry. It has sections on the steels and techniques used by the famous craftsmen, as well as the changes in style brought about a demand for knives in America. It details a wide variety of the styles produced and the materials used. There is information about the decline of the industry, the First World War's influence, and the resurgence in the mid-20th century. There is a large section on the Sheffield Knifemakers, as well as information on identifying and dating knives.
- 320 pages, with several color pictures, a very nice selection of black and white photos, and myriad sketches of knives, locations, and crafting techniques.
- Printed in 1996, near mint condition (there is slight scuffing at corners)
- Anyone interested in Sheffield Knives will find this a fascinating and educational read.
- In stock for immediate shipment.
[ View Printer-friendly Version ]
© Copyright 2017, Nordic Knives. All rights reserved.