Antique Miniature Barrel Knife
This product is no longer for sale
- 7/8" blade of carbon steel, 2" overall length
- Handle is birch wood with steel collars
- Knife frame is brass with steel locking tab and lanyard ring
- Dates to between 1882 and 1915
- Excellent condition (there is staining and light pitting on all steel parts)
- This knife has an unusual mechanism that allows it to fold and store in the handle. After depressing the locking tab, the blade and frame slide out of the handle. The blade is then rotated open and reinserted into the handle where it locks into place automatically.