Vintage Boot Knife
This product is no longer for sale
- 4 1/4" blade of carbon steel, 8 1/4" overall length
- Brass hilt and butt cap
- Leather handle with with brass, black, and red spacers
- Tooled and riveted leather belt sheath
- This knife is unmarked, but is clearly Richtig's work. It was not uncommon for him to produce unmarked knives during WWII for fear of government reprisal because steel was in such high demand.
- Likely dates to the 1940's, outstanding condition (there are a few light scratches and small pitting spots on the blade, but it appears unused and in nearly the same condition as it was when it was made nearly 80 years ago)